eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Backslashes in quiz questions and choices

bobjcc
bobjcc Community Member Posts: 11
I'm using Lectora 2008, so I apologize if this has already been fixed in a more recent version. I also did a search on the forums and haven't yet found any comments about this.

I recently found that in quiz questions, whether it's in the question text or choices in a multiple choice question, backslashes disappear. We use backslashes from time to time as we educate people on software and often we test people about installation paths, etc.

To get around this, I use another backslash as an escape character. I'd like to suggest that this is something that is automatically corrected, so that less technical course developers don't stress out over the 'mystery' of missing backslashes.I'm using Lectora 2008, so I apologize if this has already been fixed in a more recent version. I also did a search on the forums and haven't yet found any comments about this.

I recently found that in quiz questions, whether it's in the question text or choices in a multiple choice question, backslashes disappear. We use backslashes from time to time as we educate people on software and often we test people about installation paths, etc.

To get around this, I use another backslash as an escape character. I'd like to suggest that this is something that is automatically corrected, so that less technical course developers don't stress out over the 'mystery' of missing backslashes.