eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Open title's source documents

Sorry - my age is showing

If you're interested in giving it a try, here are some instructions for creating a batch file that will open both your Lectora course and a word document (or whatever else you want) in one double-click...

First, create a new document in Notepad. Then, type/copy in the following text (you'll need to edit this text, but this will serve as an example):

start Lectora "C:My DocumentsMy TitlesTempTemp.awt"start WinWord "C:My DocumentsMy TitlesTempDocument.doc"exit

Update the paths and filenames to reflect the location and name of the Lectora course (in the first line) and the Word document (in the second line) that you want to open. If you want to open a PowerPoint file, add another "start" line using "POWERPNT" instead of "WinWord" ("WinWord.exe" and "POWERPNT.exe" are the names of the files that launch Word and PowerPoint, respectively).

Once you have the code you want, save the file using an 8-character filename (no spaces) and then add the extension ".bat"  (Example:  MyCourse.bat). (I'm not 100% sure you need to keep it to an 8.3 DOS-style filename, but it can't hurt...)

You can put that file on your desktop or in your course folder or anywhere else you'd like (I think you may have to leave it on your C drive, but I'm not sure). When you double-click on the file, your Lectora course and source files should all launch automatically!

If you do decide to give this a try, let me know if it does the trick for you :)

Laura

P.S. In case you're curious, the "exit" command at the end simply closes the batch window for you.