eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Open title's source documents

How about just creating a plain, old-fashioned DOS batch file to do that? Just a thought...

smithmarkc said:

Whenever I create a new title, I usually create a folder within the title directory called "Source Files." I dump all of the project's associated materials with it (*.doc, *.ppt, etc.) so that I can reference it at a later date. Once I open my title, I'm usually open up many of those source files so that I can use them while working in Lectora.

It would be nice if, within Lectora, I could specify source documents for a title. Then when I open my title, Lectora would open the appropriate source files in the appropriate program (i.e. project_storyboard.doc would open in Word). It would save a little time at the beginning of each day. This would have to be set on a title by title basis.

Another possible way to address this would be to, upon creating a new title, Lectora would automatically create a "source documents" folder within the title's folder. Then have a button/menu command within the UI that would open that folder in Windows Explorer.