Image Copyrights

kayjax
kayjax Community Member Posts: 14
Our company has recently surfaced an issue with the graphics we use in our e-learning courses. We previously adhered to a "Ignorance is bliss" philosophy. Most of our courses are strictly internal so image copyrights weren't policed. We would search Google Images, find a cool picture of a padlock or something (Ensuring it wasn't watermarked of course) and then use it in our courses without a second thought. But on further thought, we could very well be violating some copyright laws. We are thinking about allocating budget to iStockPhoto or other similar image sites, but I was curious about everybody elses thoughts, opinions and protocols when it comes to using images. I welcome all comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks a ton.Our company has recently surfaced an issue with the graphics we use in our e-learning courses. We previously adhered to a "Ignorance is bliss" philosophy. Most of our courses are strictly internal so image copyrights weren't policed. We would search Google Images, find a cool picture of a padlock or something (Ensuring it wasn't watermarked of course) and then use it in our courses without a second thought. But on further thought, we could very well be violating some copyright laws. We are thinking about allocating budget to iStockPhoto or other similar image sites, but I was curious about everybody elses thoughts, opinions and protocols when it comes to using images. I welcome all comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks a ton.