eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Is there any way I can put a transparent button over Flash?

robjr
robjr Community Member Posts: 5
I'm going crazy ... I have a project with an extensive glossary, but all my page content is built in Flash. The only way I've found to link to items in the glossary (I need to go to specific items on a very long page) is to make a bitmap of the word on the Flash page and construct a Lectora button containing the bitmap and put this over the movie. Transparent buttons or empty text fields give me holes in the Flash page.

I know I could probably set all the words up as buttons in Flash and use calls to get to the glossary but I don't want to go that route. Is there ANY way I can put something transparent over Flash, or get mouse events to communicate with something behind a Flash move in Lectora - and yes, I've tried wmode = transparent and it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!I'm going crazy ... I have a project with an extensive glossary, but all my page content is built in Flash. The only way I've found to link to items in the glossary (I need to go to specific items on a very long page) is to make a bitmap of the word on the Flash page and construct a Lectora button containing the bitmap and put this over the movie. Transparent buttons or empty text fields give me holes in the Flash page.

I know I could probably set all the words up as buttons in Flash and use calls to get to the glossary but I don't want to go that route. Is there ANY way I can put something transparent over Flash, or get mouse events to communicate with something behind a Flash move in Lectora - and yes, I've tried wmode = transparent and it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!