eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Flash File, Flash Variable, External XML file

emcalpin
emcalpin Community Member Posts: 8
1. I have a flash file on a lectora page.

2. This flash file talks to a flash variable which calls an external xml file.

3. I created this flash variable using a text object and placed it on the same page as the flash file.

4. I named the text object Flash_Variable1 and inside the text object placed the variable TCI_C1_L1_S3.xml.

5.This variable should call the xml file which will load the appropriate video into the flash file.

6. In Lectora under Tools I created the User-Defined Variable and named it tempVariable.

7. I set the value of this variable to ExternalInterface.call("Flash_Variable1.getValue()"); but it does not seem to work. 8. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?1. I have a flash file on a lectora page.

2. This flash file talks to a flash variable which calls an external xml file.

3. I created this flash variable using a text object and placed it on the same page as the flash file.

4. I named the text object Flash_Variable1 and inside the text object placed the variable TCI_C1_L1_S3.xml.

5.This variable should call the xml file which will load the appropriate video into the flash file.

6. In Lectora under Tools I created the User-Defined Variable and named it tempVariable.

7. I set the value of this variable to ExternalInterface.call("Flash_Variable1.getValue()"); but it does not seem to work. 8. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?