eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Disabling Checkbox after selection

kthorn
kthorn Community Member Posts: 77
I'm using Lectora 2008. One thing I'm having a challenge with is not being able to apply an action directly to a checkbox.Situation:I have 7 checkboxes. Users can select one or all and the click a 'calculate' button. I have actions associated with the button that does the calculations depending on if a user selects 1,2, or all 7 checkboxes. That works.I also have an action that hides all checkboxes with a transparent image that covers them making them unselectable when clicking the button. Essentially not being able to change your selections once the button is clicked.The challenge:Because an action is associated with each checkbox and does a small calcualtion, if I check a box, uncheck it, check it again, the action runs the calculation three times. I want to diable the checkbox once a user selects it securing that choice.Because I can't put an action directly on a checkbox, I have them at the page level. Parameters:Checkbox_001 - Initially Visible = yes, Initially selected = no, Always on Top = no.hide checkBox_01 - On: Show, Action: Show, Target: hide checkbox_01 (image), Condition: Variable: Checkbox_001, Relationship: Is Not EmptyMy logic suggests when a checkbox is selected, the action will fire (checkbox is not empty) and show the transparent image that covers the checkbox making it unselectable.My logic is not working.Any ideas?