How can we do compliant video in Lectora?
I was REALLY shocked when I started building my first "test" coures in Lectora and discovered that the video player did not have a closed-caption button. I mean, video is required to have closed captions to by 508 compliant. I must say, I'm disappointed in Lectora over this point.
I looked at joejubee's solution and thought that it would be a good way around this. Problem is (unless I've missed something) you can't use an external HTML if you are exporting to .exe or for cd (which I need to do).
I tried overwriting one of the Lectora video player skins with a .swf player skin from Adobe that featured a Closed Caption control. This did not work.
Like joejubee said, showing and hidding text boxes and synching them with the video in Lectora isn't practical.
The only other option that I can come up with is to import an animation object (.swf) and in that .swf have a media player component with CC support and load the video in that way.
Are there any other options? Like I said, this one point alone is enough to sour me on Lectora. Having closed captions on videos that my compnay produces is a requirement.
- 4.6K All Categories
- 2 New Feature Releases
- The Training Arcade®
- 48 ✫ Announcements
- 6 ✪ Contests
- 33.9K eLearning Brothers® Products
- 33.5K Lectora®
- 31.5K Lectora Discussions
- 1.9K Lectora Feature Requests
- 62 Lectora User Groups
- 8 AssetLibrary™
- 6 AssetLibrary Discussions
- 2 AssetLibrary Feature Requests
- 262 CenarioVR®
- 150 CenarioVR Discussions
- 112 CenarioVR Feature Requests
- 4 Off-the-Shelf Course Library
- 3 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Discussions
- 1 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Feature Requests
- 111 CourseMill®
- 104 CourseMill Discussions
- 2 The Training Arcade®
- 1 The Training Arcade Discussions
- 1 The Training Arcade Feature Requests
- 9 Additional Learning Products
- 2 Adobe®
- 4 Articulate®
- 1 Camtasia®
- 1 iSpring®
- 1 Microsoft® PowerPoint®
- 904 All Things eLearning
- 5 Course Development Showcase
- 1 eLearning Brothers® Downloads
- 1 Compliance Training
- 8 eLearning Development
- eLearning Game Design
- 7 Instructional Design
- 545 Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- 2 Mobile Learning
- 3 Visual Design
- 327 Web Accessibility
- 1.2K ♪ The Green Room
- 4 ♡ Community Feedback
- 7 Community Tips