.FLV bigger than.AVI video file ??

andrewbeckman
andrewbeckman Community Member Posts: 4
New user here, with a video question. I'm using Lectora Pro 2008. I recorded some screen shots using the screen recorder tool. I set the record option to .AVI and the size to 1024 X 768. The screen real-estate I need to capture is pretty big and detailed. I made some quick edits using the Lectora editing tool. When I tried to convert and save as an .FLV file, the file size is much larger than when I keep it as an .AVI. Does this make sense? I would think the reason for converting would be to reduce the file size. So, is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep it as an .AVI at this point?New user here, with a video question. I'm using Lectora Pro 2008. I recorded some screen shots using the screen recorder tool. I set the record option to .AVI and the size to 1024 X 768. The screen real-estate I need to capture is pretty big and detailed. I made some quick edits using the Lectora editing tool. When I tried to convert and save as an .FLV file, the file size is much larger than when I keep it as an .AVI. Does this make sense? I would think the reason for converting would be to reduce the file size. So, is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep it as an .AVI at this point?