eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Running Actions via Javacript/Captivate

davidswaddle
davidswaddle Community Member Posts: 29
I'm trying to get a Captivate 2 project, embedded as an SWF in a Lectora 2007 project published to HTML, to launch a new web browser window taking the user to a web address. The Lectora HTML files are hosted on local hard drives, not a web server, but the address of the window that I am launching is on a web server.Any ideas?I think that this is a Captivate/ActiveX security problem really, but somebody might be able to suggest a workaround? The Captivate SWF does not seem to want to launch the window when embedded in a simple HTML file, so I assume that there is a problem with launching windows from a scripted ActiveX control, or something like that??I thought that a workaround might be to place a transparent button over the SWF file in Lectora, but this does not seem to work.Any ideas greatly appreciated.