Batch publishing

maartenc
maartenc Community Member Posts: 3
Assuming that you've at least upgraded to Lectora 2004 or higher since, a new feature called "Command Line Publishing" was added to create a batch publish. If you look it up in the help, the following is described:
Command Line PublishingLectora now supports a command line publishing interface. This allows an author to use a command line invocation of the program to publish to the standard publishing formats that Lectora supports. If there are any special parameters that you wish to use when publishing via the command line interface, publish the title thru the Lectora graphical interface and select those options. The command line publishing interface will use the last set options entered through the graphical interface.To invoke command line publishing, at an MS-DOS command prompt, enter the following:Lectora: [/p[option]] [/c] [/o log] title /p Publish Title to option where option is: SFX Single File Executable CD CDRom HTML HTML AICC AICC/Web-based SCORM SCORM/Web-based LRN Microsoft’s LRN format DISCONN SCORM/DisconnectedNote: If you have any of the optional publishing packs installed with Lectora, you can use the abbreviated name for the publishing option to publish. /c Create a console window for messages /o Optional LogFile to capture publishing messages title The full path to the Lectora title that you wish to publish.
So you could create a batch file and on each line, have Lectora publish each title. So if you had two titles called myTitle1 and myTitle2, each located within the 'c:My Titles' directory, your batch file may look like this:Lectora.exe /pAICC /c /o myTitle1_publish_log.txt "c:My TitlesmyTitle1myTitle1.awt"Lectora.exe /pAICC /c /o myTitle2_publish_log.txt "c:My TitlesmyTitle2myTitle2.awt"[/CODE]You'd run this from the actual Lectora folder where Lectora is installed. The above example would then store all of the errors encounterd within the respective myTitleXpublish_log.txt file, saved where you ran the batch file from.Edited By: aaron on 2007-2-23 9:57:23[CODE]Lectora.exe /pAICC /c /o myTitle1_publish_log.txt "c:My TitlesmyTitle1myTitle1.awt"Lectora.exe /pAICC /c /o myTitle2_publish_log.txt "c:My TitlesmyTitle2myTitle2.awt"[/CODE]You'd run this from the actual Lectora folder where Lectora is installed. The above example would then store all of the errors encounterd within the respective myTitleXpublish_log.txt file, saved where you ran the batch file from.Edited By: aaron on 2007-2-23 9:57:23