eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Display Publish Date on Every Page

dinger
dinger Community Member Posts: 23
I want to display the Publish Date on each page. I created a text object called "Publish Date" which initially contains the text "Publish Date" and put it in my background group that is the first thing below the title. this much is working as it appears along with other elements on every page.I created an action and currently have it on the first page of my first chapter. On Show, it sets the value of the Publish Date text object to the value of the Publish Date system variable. This works because all the pages in that chapter display the actual date and time the title is published.However, in subsequent chapters, this same text object reverts to the initial value of "Publish Date." It would appear that putting the same action in every chapter would fix the problem, but I'm looking for something I can do once at the title level that will retain the value that I have set.If someone can explain why it is acting the way it is, that would help me immensely down the road. Thanks.Lee