Embedding Video

gerrywaz
gerrywaz Community Member Posts: 42

GerryWaz wrote:

In addition, if I right-click on the video in my Lectora 2006 HTML, it indicates an error message: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class (Error=80040111)
For more information about that particular error message, please visit Microsoft's site here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecente r/mediaadvice/0074.mspx#EECThe error is typically caused if the video was compressed using a non-standard codec that is not installed on the machine which is attempting to play it. When it is in the web browser it uses the browser's plugin, which could be anything (Quicktime, Realplayer, Windows Media Player, ect) and if the plug-in doesn't have the correct drivers it will not be able to play the file. The user viewing the course will need that same version or higher of the encoder used to create the video. I suggest compressing the video using the version of Windows Media Player that most of the users will have installed on their machine.For further information on how media is handled through Lectora and the browser, please refer to our KB article: How does Lectora handle media files? Does Lectora have its own built in program to display video and play audio?