Copy paste from MSWord results in GPF

kwilkens
kwilkens Community Member Posts: 35
The first thing I would do is try to figure out which application is actually causing the error. Try copying the text from Word into Notepad. Then copy the text from Notepad into Lectora. Does Lectora still crash? If it does crash then you definitly have a problem with Lectora app, if it doesn't crash, then the problem probably has something to do with the formatted text from Word. Whenever I copy text out of Word for any other application, I always paste it into Notepad first to strip out any formatting that may exist. The best way to illustrate what I am saying is if you paste Word text into an html program and look at the source code, you will see that Word carries alot of formatting along with the text which isn't a good thing. It can really mess up style sheets. I hope I didn't confuse the issue.The first thing I would do is try to figure out which application is actually causing the error. Try copying the text from Word into Notepad. Then copy the text from Notepad into Lectora. Does Lectora still crash? If it does crash then you definitly have a problem with Lectora app, if it doesn't crash, then the problem probably has something to do with the formatted text from Word. Whenever I copy text out of Word for any other application, I always paste it into Notepad first to strip out any formatting that may exist. The best way to illustrate what I am saying is if you paste Word text into an html program and look at the source code, you will see that Word carries alot of formatting along with the text which isn't a good thing. It can really mess up style sheets. I hope I didn't confuse the issue.